Thursday, June 28, 2012

DAY 31 - New Routine

Ok, so it definitely takes some getting used to when adjusting to a new routine!  With the children being home I am trying to get used to tending to them all day making sure to spend some time with them and still get everything done that I want to get done.  I checked my June Intentions list a few days ago and I realized that I truly only completed one of the four extra intentions.  So I have been trying to get some work done on the others.  I still have yet to master the art of NOT-multitasking (I am sitting here writing this as I eat my lunch and chat with my husband!)

I have been trying my best to live by the philosophy that when making choices (and I literally every choice, even something as simple as checking Facebook or writing on this blog) that I think is this going to help me achieve the goals or intentions of the day, week, month, year or long time?  And if the answer is no then I try my best to choose not to spend my time on it.  It's very hard to get used to because I am so used to just do everything and usually for other people.  I have never felt ok with choosing me, so this is a new way of life.  I have to say I have enjoyed dreaming....and dreaming BIG about all of things I want to do with this life.  I know that every day is a blessing and I don't want to waste any more days...just surviving!  I don't want to lay in bed when I'm in my 70's wishing I had done LIFE differently.  I want to go to sleep every night knowing that I made the best of that day...I want to get busy LIVING! So...until next time...


Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment