Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DAY 15 - What's the funk...

...about? Yeah so then there are days like today!  So it actually started out well and I was excited about all that I was going to accomplish today.  I woke up at 5:40am, thanks to a wake up call from my Big Mama Amanda from my mentor group and I ran 2.5 miles (while watching the Wonder Woman video by Smokin' Hot Mama Mentor Pamela Crim), did some stretching and of course some planks.  Oh and showered...all before getting my youngest up at 6:55am! So I felt pretty excited about the day even though I felt wiped out.  I got Keira up, ready for school and drove her to school.

When I came home I sat down in the big, comfy chair (FIRST MISTAKE!) to have my breakfast and write on my blogs.  The last time I looked at the clock it was 8:38 and according to my daily routine I had 50 more minutes until my next hour time blocked specifically for something else...the next thing I know my oldest, Brianna is waking me up to try something she had cooked..IT WAS 12:30PM!!!  What the heck happened???  Apparently I completely passed out.  Now I know that I was really tired for some reason, but seriously?

Needless to say I woke up completely in a funk and couldn't get out of it for the rest of the day.  I was so upset that I fell asleep and wasted three hours of the day.  What is the point of even waking up early to exercise when  I just took a nap for THREE HOURS!  I could not get focused and was just ticked off the rest of the day.

I guess that needs to go on my never-ending to-do list - figure out how to get myself out of a funk when these things happen.  Here's hoping...nope...PLANNING for a better tomorrow!


Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. The three hours weren't wasted. You wouldn't sleep unless you needed to. Slow down and realize that sleeping is okay. This was tough for me to embrace too. I used to beat myself up for sleeping until I realized that was crazy! You have to backup your bed time until waking up early doesn't cause a nap! For me personally, I cut out gluten and the naps stopped completely! I still find when I indulge in a little gluten-goodness, I fall asleep or get "food-coma" shortly afterwards. Maybe your breakfast was gluten heavy?

    ReplyDelete