Friday, June 1, 2012

DAY FOUR - still grateful and getting that wheel spinning...

So, yesterday, yeah...well I went full steam until about midnight again try to get everything done.  I have to say that even though I didn't get everything done on that list, I did get a lot of it done and a bunch of other things that either came up unexpected or just needed to get done.

Today, and the next few days for that matter, is going to be insane.  A friend of my daughter had asked me to make a scrapbook for one of their teachers as a gift.  Everything came in yesterday, although I am still waiting for pictures and notes from a handful of students, and the gift is due on Tuesday at their last concert.  For any of you that scrapbook, to make an entire scrapbook from beginning to end in four days...seems like an impossible task, even moreso when you have a house, kids and a husband to tend to!  I will do it however, so today is going to be short and so will the next few days.

I am motivated though and excited to keep this momentum going of just getting stuff done.  While this scrapbook and my family with take up just about 100% of my time and energy over the next four days, I do plan to have some time for me...right now, I a working on evaluating the past year; what goals did I meet, what were some of the good things about it, what were some of the crappy things about it.  This will help me get a clear idea as to what my goals over the next year should be.  I remember this from when I did operational planning for my department at my last job.  I also remember that while it's a pain in the tush to do and you pretty much want to just skip over that part and move to the planning and goal setting, if you do you are cheating yourself because it's a necessary component of the whole process.

Before I head off to conquer the world (of scrapbooking!), I want to try to keep the momentum of being grateful.  So today I am grateful for the beautiful sunshine and that bird that has chirped and tweeted for the past month or so - all...day...long!  No seriously, I am grateful for that bird!  He/she has helped me be more aware of all of the other birds singing their heart out and not caring who is paying attention.

Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel  

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the scrapbook! What a nice gift for the teacher!

    ReplyDelete