Friday, June 15, 2012

DAY 18 - Back to Business...

Hello friends!  I attempted to write yesterday, but I just had such good momentum going that I just kept going and ran out of time.  I will someday master the art of living a full and intentional life and still take time to blog as this is sort of like my accountability and helps me keep going just in case someone is reading consistently {hi DAN ;o) }.

So I am going to make this as quick as I can, so I can keep my momentum going for the day. I was still in a pretty foul mood yesterday.  Chatting with the other ladies in the mentor group was helpful, but not quite enough to get me out of the funk.  One thing stuck with me though that one of them said...she mentioned how her toddler is learning how to walk just as I am learning how to lead an intentional life.  Her toddler keeps falling down and falling down but every time she just gets back up and tries again because she is just learning and if she quits she will never walk.  Just as I should do...keep getting back up and trying again and trying to go a little further and get back up and try again and again and again until I am doing it successfully.  That stuck with me and at one point I did get up and just start "doing" and was able to get a handful of stuff done which felt good, even though I still was just miserable.

So I went to bed with the thought that I have to have a better day today...and here we are.  I have been trying to wake up earlier, when my husband gets up so I can back on track with my exercise - it has been seven months since I left my trainer and I have done almost no exercise during that time.  My struggle right now is that I am so not a morning person!  Most mornings I just can't force myself out of bed, but watching an older mentoring session last night I heard something that rang true for me...nobody can make me get out of bed, I have to want it...I have to make the decision that that is what I am going to do.  Here we are two days in a row and I have gotten up earlier and I have ran, stretched and done planks all before I have to wake my little sleeping beauty!  HYFR is all I have to say!  I am so very stoked!

Before I head off to conquer the world of intentional living I wanted to mention that hubby and I are thinking BIG.  We are imagining ourselves at our very best; what do we look like, where are we (NOT in Clifton Park, NY I can guarantee you that!!!), what are we doing, who are we with and how do we feel.  We are both thinking about that individually and we are taking an hour tonight and just writing it down and sharing it with each other and then we are starting immediately on making that some true and THAT'S what this journey is about.  I have been thinking about it for month now and I am not waiting any longer to be in the right place and have the right circumstance - I am becoming the person I have to be in order to live the life that I want!  A HUGE thank you to SHM Mentor Pamela Crim!

Oh and if you haven't yet, make sure you watch this video and you can see where my inspiration is coming from...

http://www.livestream.com/shmclub/video?clipId=pla_fede0923-25cf-4ead-9cda-7b64e30d35b5&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb



Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment