Monday, July 2, 2012

DAY 35! What a difference a month makes!

What a huge difference I notice within myself just in the past month.  At the beginning of June I felt very lost and confused about life and today I am very focused and am dreaming BIG about all of the things that I want to accomplish.

My intentions for the month of June were:
1. Be the best ME I can be.
2. Master the art of NOT-multitasking and gratitude.
3. Determine Family Summer Bucket List
4. Develop/Finalize my business plan (this was initially for Stampin' Up!)
5. Put my personal long term goals in writing and start the goals breakdown.

So let's see how I did...
BEST ME - Of course I wasn't the best me I could be every single second of every day, but I tried really hard to truly be the best I could be.

NOT-MULTITASKING & GRATITUDE - As far as mastering the art of NOT-multitasking, while I wouldn't claim it an epic fail, I would have to say I definitely need some more practice before I can say that I am a Master!  Same goes for gratitude.  On the days when I woke up at the specific time that I had decided on I will say it was much easier and I felt much more on top of everything and in control.  I also felt like I accomplished a lot more and not because of the time, but more because of the focus I was able to have.

SUMMER BUCKET LIST - We each did pick out five things that we wanted to accomplish this summer, one of which included something that benefited or helped someone else.  We have even been able to cross some of those things off already which is pretty exciting!

BUSINESS PLAN - I was able to finish my business plan for the next 6 months for my Stampin' Up! business.  I have since, however, signed on to be a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and I do have to write up my business plan for that.  I plan to work on that today and hopefully have it completed by the end of the week.

LONG TERM GOALS - well you can see them yourself, there is a link to the page that lists them at the top of my blog 5 BHAG!  Check 'em out!

So I think I did pretty well at my first month of Intentional Living!  I have already selected the things I want to focus on for July and I have to say it's a pretty tall order.  I do understand that one of them (cleaning and reorganizing the ENTIRE house), is going to take a lot of time and might not get all done before the end of the month, but if it's at least half done I will be happy.  Check out my five intentions for July:


JULY INTENTIONS:
1. Be the best Melissa I can be!
2. Clean, Pitch & Reorg the entire house (inc. shed & garage).
3. Meet monthly goals for Stampin’ Up! & Mary Kay.
4. Bring kids on “adventure” at least one day a week.
5. Run three days a week, strength training three days a week and about 1200 calories a day.

What are yours?  If you don't know, I challenge you to think about it and comment below.  I would love to read what you hope to accomplish by the end of July!

Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment