Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DAY 51 - I don't have to have it ALL - Right NOW!

Hello my friends!  Wow!  I just realized it's been a week since I last posted.  A lot has happened since then both physically with being busy and emotionally/mentally.  My two youngest children were with my mom and step-dad on their second annual trip down south for some sun and swimming.  I'll be honest, I had high hopes for what I would be able to accomplish while they weren't home and yet I didn't even come CLOSE to finishing half of what I had planned.  I guess the work-a-holic in me overestimated the amount of time I really had to accomplish things.  Rather than getting down on myself I am quite excited that one thing I did do was deep clean my closet!  It was a complete disaster with years of neglect, piles of clothes, Stampin' Up! supplies,  Mary Kay supplies and years of memory stuff for all five of us - CHAOS!  I have procrastinated doing anything because being the perfectionist that I am I knew I couldn't make it perfectly how I wanted to so I chose to just not take care of it.  NO MORE!  I tackled that closet head on!  It took me two days, but I weeded out the four bags of clothes that we no longer wear and neatly organized everything else into sections.  What a relief that is!

Every year, my best friend plans a girls camping trip in Lake George, NY with anywhere from 8 to 40 really amazing women from all over the northeast.  This past weekend was the date for our Girls, Girls and S'more Girls GLAMping adventure.  So Thursday I left for this fun-filled weekend.  There were 15 of us this year, but as always we had a blast with no bickering or cattiness, just 15 women hanging out, talking about life and  having fun and adventure together.  Very relaxing!  I had no plans or intentions for the weekend besides just chillaxin' with the ladies.  One of my friends had posted a picture of us on her facebook and tagged me.  I was fortunate that one of the ladies from my mentor group noticed the picture and commented that she challenged me to do something to make the trip memorable (Thank you Ashley!!).  So all of the ladies on the trip started thinking about what I could do, as did I.  Deep down I knew immediately what that thing should be, but I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure I would be able to do it.

Every year we go to a place called Tubby Tubes and tube down the Hudson.  About halfway down we stop at a rock and a bunch of the ladies take turns jumping off a rock into the 30 feet of water.  I have NEVER even considered doing this.  A part of me always wanted to, but my inner sissy, we'll call her Peatie, stopped me out of fear.  This is what would make this camping trip extremely memorable, so...


I not only jumped in, but I also dove in several times!  I still can't believe I did it.  I never understood where that fear came from and what was holding me back and I still don't know, but it isn't there anymore!  I conquered it and didn't let it hold me back!

Thanks Ashley for giving me that challenge!  Thanks Julie for posting the picture of us on Facebook!  Thank you Girls, Girls and S'more Girls 2012 participants for assisting me with this and thank you to my very favorite friend, Heather for planning this wonderful weekend that we all look forward to every year!  Love you lots!


Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment