Thursday, July 26, 2012

goal setting...


So I did a lot of reflecting last week and I worked on some things that I have been wanting to finish.  The thing that I am most excited about is my sticky goals.  I have determined that I need set goals written down and reminders of what I would like to accomplish to help keep me focused.  So through the advice of Big Daddy and Head Mama Pamela from the Smokin' Hot Mama Club I have written down my goals for the remainder of 2012 and I have also written all of the smaller goals so that I can achieve those goals on post-its and placed them on my mirror so that I can see them and be reminded of them every day.  Check my sticky goals out here!  Why do I have a majority on the left side of my mirror you ask?  As I complete them they will be moved from the left side of my mirror to the right side.  As you can see some have already been moved!

Another thing that I started doing also to help me stay focused is deciding which five tasks need to get done that week to help me achieve my Stampin' Up goals, my Mary Kay goals and my personal goals and writing them in my calendar.  Then each morning during my wake-up, meditate, positive affirmation, daily focus time I look at each of those along with any appointments for the day and make a Daily To-Do List of the six key things I want to try to accomplish that day.  This way when I find myself distracted or not sure what to do next, I look at that list and choose one of the items on there that I haven't done yet.  It's been a huge help with keeping me focused, achieving my goals and not wasting time trying to figure out what I should or need to do next.

I also have determined my weekly plan so that I have consistent days and times that I work on all of the things mentioned above.  I try my best to keep to the plan as much as possible, but if I get off course I don't beat myself up about it.

Having said that, my time for blogging is up and I have to move onto my next focus time!  

Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment