Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DAY 70 - just do it...

So aside from being a slacker with posting on here and on my stampin blog, I have also been a slacker with my running/exercise and eating habits over the past few weeks.

I'm gonna be honest with you, for some reason July was extremely difficult in so many ways - mentally, emotionally, physically.  I was NOT motivated at all about anything.  I just wanted to sleep the month away and had gotten back into the mode of not wanting to do anything and feeling sorry for myself that my life isn't what I want it to be and blaming everyone and everything else but myself.  Who's to blame though? Me and only me.  I was not the change I wanted to see and I wasted an entire month because of it.  I could be further along in both my businesses, have better relationships with my immediate family, a few pounds lighter, further along with my marathon training, but I'm not...because I chose not to be.  I chose the easy path of just coasting by the month - what the HELL was I thinking???

So at the end of last week something happened, not one thing in particular, I actually don't know exactly what it was, but something switched in me and I have decided to choose happiness.  I have decide not to let things bother me and pull me down.  I have decided to accept things the way they are because I am the only thing that I can change and accepting things and moving on, looking at the bright side of things and choosing to be happy is much more fun and exhilarating than just coasting and moping around WISHING my life was different rather than MAKING my life different.  So, here's to a much more successful month!

I decided to switch my run days to Monday, Wednesday and Friday because I seem to keep missing Saturdays because I am always somewhere else.  So, yesterday was my 30 minute run and I have to admit I was procrastinating all day.  There were a ton of other things that I wanted to get done, but a friend of mine sent me the link to this video   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU&feature=share

What an inspiration Ben is!  And he is right, don't think you can't do it, just get up and DO IT!!!  I watched this video, shared it with my husband and then go my butt up and ran my 30 minutes.  I am excited to say that I ran a 15.5 minute mile average which is pretty good for me.  I am thinking I can push myself a little more next time.  I am happy that I got up and did it.  I am happy that I ran at a steady pace (I am still doing a 2 minute run/1 minute walk ratio as suggested by Disney's Official Training Consultant, Jeff Galloway).  I am happy that I finished without letting Peattie talk me out of doing the entire workout for a total of 3.10 miles, along with 2 minutes worth of planks and stretching.  I am happy that I got up this morning and I am ready for a cross training workout, not sure what yet, but I am ready for it!


Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment