Monday, August 13, 2012

DAY 76 - what? i didn't gain weight?

so for the past month or so i have had something every weekend, someplace to go, something to do.  this has put a stop, if you will to my losing weight.  i have not eaten horribly, but i have also chosen to not eat as well as i should.  so every weekend i gain a few pounds and then every week i am careful enough to lose those pounds just in time for the next weekend event.  but i am excited to say...that didn't happen this weekend!  i actually lost a pound instead of gaining or even maintaining! now i didn't do my long run again last week, which is making me a little nervous, but I am not going to let that dictate what i accomplish this week with exercise.  i did a hike with my brother and his family that was pretty good (at least for me!) in the cardio department so i am taking that as my long run.

i am super excited about this and pumped to get my exercise on this week because of it. since i may be gone on saturday again this week i have decided that i will run again this week on monday, wednesday and friday. i do know that in addition to my running i need to add some exercises for my knee.  i want to strengthen my knees in order to make sure they stay healthy and functioning properly (notice i didn't say "to prevent an injury" that's because I am working on saying what I do want as opposed to what I don't want...all part of The Secret).  i also need to add some things that really challenge me.  i dont have that sore feeling like i used to when i worked out with my trainer last year and i actually miss that.  i also dont sweat that much on the days that i am not running, so i need to do something about that too.

on a food note...i have to ELIMINATE SIMPLE CARBS from my diet.  I am a carbaholic! completely!  so i have decided that i need to practice eliminating any and all simple carbs from my diet.  now i know this is going to be extremely difficult, but i have to it is my leading food domino.  i say practice because i know that i am not going to be perfect and not eat anything thats a simple carbs and thats ok, but i want to eliminate it as much as possible unless and until i am no longer addicted to and crave them.

here's to an awesome week!!!

~mel

No comments:

Post a Comment