Wednesday, August 8, 2012

DAY 71 - kick it up; BAM!!!

I decided that I have to kick my exercise up.  I have been reading Ben's blog (from yesterdays video) from the beginning.  This guy was just under 360 and went from couch to 5k in 14 DAYS and in 40:13! That's less than 13.5 minute miles!!!  I have been running for 6 weeks now and I am just making it to 14.5 and it kicked my butt!  His was also straight running - I have been using a 2:1 run/walk plan to prevent injuries - that is it - IT IS ON!  I need to step this up into high gear!

Yesterday I finally added something else into my exercise other then running (I unfortunately had stopped and was only running in July).  I did some Zumba on the Wii.  I had planned on doing some more when I got home from a meeting last night but I ended up getting home too late.

So today, is my 2 mile run day.  I am going to attempt to run the entire first mile without stopping - I got this! I know I can do it.  Besides when it comes race time my buddies will have trained the entire time running straight, not doing a run/walk and I don't want to hold them back.

Food was a little better yesterday.  Coffee (of course) & mini bagel with peanut butter for breakfast; slices of turkey for lunch; popcorn for afternoon snack; chicken stir fry and jasmine rice (nope not brown rice yet) for dinner; carrots, celery & hummus for evening snack - the really bad part is that I had a bowl of honey nut cheerios after dinner because I was still hungry and I didn't even measure so I am sure that it was more than a serving.

I know I need to increase my veggies & decrease my carbs...

~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment