Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DAY 43 - 10 POUNDS!!!

I can't even tell you how excited I am!  I have lost 10 pounds in just three weeks!  I am so proud of myself that I have stuck with it!  I have re-sized my stomach ... well not surgically, but I cant eat as much as I used to at a time.  Last night for dinner we had grilled chicken & veggies. I put a couple pieces of chicken and the veggies (peppers, squash, asparagus) in a wrap with a little sour cream (nope I am not depriving myself from everything - always less than a serving!).  I ate half an ear of corn and three bites of my wrap and I was full. Can't complain there!

I do still struggle with my hungry time.  I don't know about you, but I could go all morning and early afternoon without eating anything, especially if I have my cup of coffee.  Then about 2/3pm I start to get hungry and I literally could graze the rest of the night until I go to bed.  I have been pretty good and only having one snack after dinner at about 7pm or 8 at the latest and not eating anything at 10/11 when I am usually starving, so that has obviously made a big difference.  I have been trying not to have just carbs for dinner like I used to a few days a week when we would have a pasta (my husband is Italian you know!) and I also really try to have no carbs for my evening snack although that's usually when I am craving something crunchy and either sweet or salty...or both.  I am not really sure what a good substitute is for that so I have been having popcorn or potato straws.  I will tell you that I do have a bag of Hershey's Simple Pleasures Chocolate, I treat myself to one a day at most.  I also have TCBY Frozen Yogurt for when I am craving ice cream and I only have a bite or two...instead of a whole quart.  I think allowing myself to still have some of the foods that I enjoy, just to enjoy them instead of fueling my body is one of the things that's helping me stay so focused on eating healthy.  I don't want to be on a DIET, I want to change my eating lifestyle so that I m fueling my body with proper nutrition and then allowing myself a treat, once in a while when I want it and completely enjoying it - as long as I don't it daily or several times a day or more than a serving at a time.

Anyway, I need to get back to one of my intentions for the month - decluttering my house!  Right now I am working on my closet which has been the dumping grounds for years of clothes that I have grown in and out of (and my husband too) and memory stuff - and I'm a scrapbooker so I save EVERYTHING!  We literally put thousands of dollars worth of clothes into a pile to donate.  I had so many business outfits because of my previous work and now I don't really need any, so I got rid of most of them keeping only a few just in case.  And since I am a perfectionist and I never felt like I had the time to organize my memorabilia over the years in the way that I really wanted to I just piled it...and piled it...and...piled...it!  So I am going through every piece and separating it into scrapbook pile or one of the kids piles and then I am setting up a system so that I don't have to do this again in a few years!

I also have a run day today, which after yesterdays strength is going to hurt!  I also have a lunch date with my dad whom I only see a handful of times a year!  And then there's transporting my oldest to and from her two jobs.  Oh and taking care of some Mary Kay business...and packing and prepping for an annual girls camping trip that I leave for on Thursday!  Phew - that's a busy day!  But the only way to get more energy is to use all of it up today!


Take care and remember...
Change doesn't come from the sky.  It comes from human action.
~The Dalai Lama
*hugs,
Mel

P.S. Don't be afraid to leave me comments below!  I would love your support in this challenging journey.  Just make sure to keep it positive please.  Thanks!


          

2 comments:

  1. way to go on the weight lose!! you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! This time for me it's not really about the weight loss, that's just a perk for living a better and healthier loss, but it's still extremely exciting knowing how hard I worked at it with my trainer and didn't lost barely anything before! Thanks for your support! I can't wait to see the first edition of your magazine!

      Delete