Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day One...How do I even start...

I have to be honest, I have no clue how I am about to do what I am going to do.  When I was working in my last job one of the things I did best was analyze where we were as a team and develop plans for solutions to any issues we had.  Yet, for some reason, in my personal life, I can't seem to get to the developing plans part.  I feel stuck on the analyzing...I don't know...maybe it's because I'm not done.  Maybe there is something that I have yet to admit to myself.  I am hoping to figure that out in the next few weeks.

I absolutely hate being in the middle of analyzing and planning stage, even though I know it's necessary, I much prefer the implementation stage.  I also feel scattered and messy if I haven't completed the analyzing and planning stage, so I have to say I am completely frustrated.  If it were up to me, I would just go away to a remote island, or even better, to India for a month just to get back on track and focused and finish my steps one and two.  However, that's not possible as I do have three children and a husband that I can't really leave hanging, oh yeah and then there is that thing called money - I don't have any of that either!  So I guess I have to improvise...Unfortunately I still have to fly the plane while I am trying to figure out what''s wrong with it!

So today I have taken a few steps that would typically be in the implementation stage.  I called Empire State College today because I haven't heard from them about scheduling a pre-admission meeting with a counselor.  I do know that I would like to graduate with my Bachelors in Business from UAlbany, but I have to take some classes to bring my GPA up before i can apply there.  I have also, obviously, started this blog.  I am hoping that  having this as a release will help me and maybe the accountability of making sure my readers (however few there may be) has something to read will keep me going.  I have also signed up for a mentor group for the month of June - thanks to the Smokin' Hot Mama Club.  I don't want to wait to get my momentum going.  On top of that I have also contacted Cross Cultural Solutions to get more information about volunteering abroad, something I have wanted to do since I was a teenager.  

You see!  I am completely scattered!  I need this plan in place...YESTERDAY!  Well anyway, I will try to work on some of it tonight, although nights are the busiest time for me as the kids are home and need running around and dinner.  Luckily I have my husband to help me out!  Until next time a blurb from a website I have been studying...

To many, Buddhism goes beyond religion and is more of a philosophy or 'way of life'. It is a philosophy because philosophy 'means love of wisdom' and the Buddhist path can be summed up as:
(1) to lead a moral life,
(2) to be mindful and aware of thoughts and actions, and
(3) to develop wisdom and understanding.
Here's to my Journey to the very Best Me I Can Be! ~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment